Moisturizing is an essential step in good skin care. A good moisturizer can stop the dry skin cycle from spiraling into cracked, thick, flaky skin. An effective moisturizer will have a combination of ingredients that:
- Replenish the skin's natural ingredients that help maintain its structure
- Cut down on damage from free-radicals
- Help the cells function more normally
Good Moisturizer IngredientsIn the past, moisturizers were essentially water and wax mixtures that worked by trying to hold water in the skin. The only real difference between these moisturizers was how they "felt" to the consumer. Now there is complex science behind the new state-of-the-art moisturizers that are available. Some ingredients that you'll find in a state-of-the-art moisturizer are:
- Glycerol - Helps water and other moisturizer ingredients penetrate the skin to get where they are needed.
- Ceramides - Help replenish the skin's natural oils.
- Hydroxy Acids - Help with exfoliation of dead skin cells
- Niacinamide - Helps the skin produce more natural oils, and may also help reverse the signs of sun-damaged skin, like brown spots and blotchiness
How to Choose a MoisturizerNot all skin is the same, and not all moisturizers are the same. Picking out the best moisturizer for your skin depends on what your skin needs. Consider the following skin conditions when choosing a moisturizer:
- Moisturizers for dry skin
- Moisturizers for oily skin
- Moisturizers for normal skin
- Moisturizers for acne-prone skin
- Moisturizers for red skin
- Moisturizers for eczema, atopic dermatitis, or sensitive skin
- Moisturizers with sunscreen
Moisturizer Bottom LineDon't settle for your grandmother's old cold cream. Pick a moisturizer with good ingredients for your skin, and enjoy your healthier skin.
Hope you you enjoyed reading my post & found it useful
You may be also interested in